The mainstay of the Singular range since we launched with this model in 2007. How little it has changed in that time shows just how good it is. On first glance, a very simple steel 29" wheeled rigid bike. Although simple it is also incredibly versatile - some of the choices include;
- Wheel options - though optimised for use with a 29x2.4" tyre, the Swift can also take up to a 29x3" tyre in the fork, and also runs up to 27.5x3.25" front and rear.
- Gears, singlespeed or IGH - thanks to an eccentric bottom bracket insert (supplied) and modular cable guides the Swift offers huge flexibility with how you shift, or indeed whether you want to at all. It works perfectly with anything from a 3x10 speed set up, to an internally geared up or a single chainring and cog for the ultimate simplicity.
- Rigid or suspension - the Swift can be used with the dedicated Reynolds bladed rigid fork or will also ride very well with a suspension fork of 80-100mm travel (480-500mm axle to crown with sag)
- Bars - with a choice of stem and consideration for position on the bike the Swift is optimised for use with a standard flat bar, a highly swept bar such as the Jones H-Bar, or an off-road drop bar like a Salsa Woodchipper.
The Swift has rightly become recognised as the epitome of a simple steel 29er with a great deal of versatility, but not so much that it becomes compromised in whatever set-up you may choose.
- Custom drawn double butted 4130 steel frameset
- Reynolds bladed steel fork
- Disc brake only
- EBB and modular bolt on cable guides to use derailleurs, IGH or singlespeed with no extraneous braze-ons.
- Direct mount front derailleur adapter
- Replaceable rear derailleur hanger - two hangers supplied
- 73mm wide eccentric bottom bracket
- Clearance for 2.4" tyres on 50mm rims at rear
- Clearance for a 29x3.0" (29+) tyre on 50mm rim in the fork
- Clearance for 27.5x3.0" (27.5+) tyres on 50mm rims front and rear
- 135mm rear spacing
- IS 160mm disc brake mounts front and rear
- 2.3kg frame weight in medium size, 1.1kg fork with uncut steerer
- 1 1/8" threadless fork steerer - 300mm long
- 27.2mm seat post, 30.0mm clamp
- Large and extra large frames have three sets of bottle cage mounts
- Small and medium frames have two sets of bottle cage mounts (none on the seat tube)
N.B. The price here includes frame, eccentric insert, cable guides, seat post clamp, two derailleur hangers and all fixing bolts. Photos shown of complete bikes are for illustration purposes only. If you would like a complete bike please contact us or one of our great dealers