The Puffin is a fatbike which excels not only in the kind of soft conditions for which the oversize 26x4.7" tyres were designed - but to provide a lively and fun bike for general trail riding. Achieving this has meant taking much of what I have learnt in designing the vaunted 29er Swift, and applying those same principles to a fatbike. Sharp handling, a lively feel and perfect balance were high on the agenda. Now for 2016 the Puffin is also compatible with 29+ (29x3") tyres.
- Frame constructed from double butted 4130 cro-moly steel available in 4 sizes
- Frame weight approximately 2.7kg in M size
- Tapered external cup head tube (SHIS EC 28.6/34 I EC 40/44)
- 170mm rear and 135mm front symmetric spacing
- World's first 100mm eccentric bottom bracket shell
- Modular bolt on cable guides for clean geared or singlespeed use.
- Direct mount front derailleur adadpter
- Replaceable rear derailleur hanger
- 27.2mm seat post diameter
- Frame clearance for 26×4.7" tyre on an 80mm rim
- Fork clearance for 26×4.8" tyre (Surly Lou on 100mm rim)
- Compatible with all 100mm bb shell fatbike cranksets
- For a great article on tyre clearance and fat bike drivetrains go here.
- Frames built by Taiwan's most respected steel frame manufaturer.
N.B. The price here includes frame, eccentric insert, cable guides, seat post clamp, two derailleur hangers, direct mount front derailleur adapter and all fixing bolts. Photos shown of complete bikes are for illustration purposes only. If you would like a complete bike please contact us or one of our great dealers
La miglior Fat bike che ci sia in commercio.