A cyclocross bike has long been recognised as one of the most flexible and versatile machines a keen cyclist can own. Spirited road riding, no problem. A bit of off-road, absolutely. Light touring, why not. Even some cyclocross racing, of course! With the advent of disc brakes and quality tyres in the 38-42mm range this versatility has expanded even further, allowing more comfort over a greater variety of terrain and with consistent reliable braking in all conditions.
The Kite is a bike therefore which can fit a lot of different uses, from winter roads to adventure touring and a whole lot of things in between. A beautiful steel frame in large diameter but very thin walled (down to 0.45mm!) tubing makes for a sublimely sprightly yet resilient ride. Mated to our own spec fork in full Toray T700 carbon it has a magnificently balanced and responsive feel. The Kite is destined to become a classic of this growing genre.
- Frame in custom drawn triple butted oversized 4130 steel
- Full carbon Toray T700 fork with tapered steerer
- Available in four sizes
- Mounts for mud guards front and rear
- Rack mounts on rear (max 20kg)
- IS disc mount rear, post mount fork
- 27.2mm seatpost, 30.0mm clamp
- British thread 68mm bottom bracket shell
- 135mm/100mm QR dropouts
- Tapered external cup head tube (SHIS EC 28.6/34 I EC 40/44)
- Requires top pull front derailleur.